a.k.a. Cecill Etheredge
Open-source hard- and software projects are available on:
I have done quite a lot of reverse engineering in the past, and still do today. This has given me insight into low level programming and hardware design. I have worked and contributed on anything from bootloaders and operating systems kernels to video games, among other things:
- Multi Theft Auto is a unique example of this: a free open-source software project that adds network play functionality to Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto game series, in which this functionality is not originally found. Since I founded the project in 2003, it has grown from a small piece of proprietary software to a full fledged open-source platform with 10.000's simultaneous players per day, a group of dedicated developers and a large community.
- bitlog, a fairly new blog where I contribute with others to uncover information on hard-to-find, difficult, obscure but nonetheless important technology. Articles range from reverse engineering to hardware hacks and platforms.
Nowadays, I tend to be involved in commercial endeavours. Some of the companies I am currently involved in:
- Keydatos is a brand new startup that is currently developing Flow, a web application that provides a complete data research solution for journalists. With its intuitive design, data journalists can compose their entire research by simply dragging and dropping visual blocks of data, and as a result, their research is carried out in a much more open, transparent and repeatable way.
- Tendr Dynamics is an upcoming real-time soft body physics plug-in for Unreal Engine 4, Epic Games’ leading open-source video game engine. Our plugin makes it possible to integrate realistic soft objects into your worlds with ease.
- AppIT is a privately held company, based in the eastern part of the Netherlands. The company is specialised in developing and commercialising apps to learn, play, study, work or shop online, together with others.
Brainwashed by MS-DOS, SoundBlaster, FastTracker and as a result I produce music using the same old school methods for video games, artists and people alike. I create and use custom software & hardware synthesizers and effects from time to time and just build away with sound.
- soundcloud.com/ijsf, my most recent tracks.
- scenemusic.net, some more tracks.
- youtube.com/ijsf, some insight into older tracks.
- modland.com, my most obscure tracks.
If you need to get in touch: